Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday Morning Cleaning

Monday mornings are my cleaning day here. But no harsh chemicals for this house. We like to use vinegar and baking soda, essential oils such as tea tree oil, lemon and lavender. Not only is it green but it is economical. Green in my wallet. I love finding new uses for these green products too. Recently I found out that baking soda and Borax may be used safely and effectively in the pool to adjust and maintain ph levels.

What do I have in my cleaning bucket? Microfiber clothes, definately more green than paper towels, refillable spray bottles, filled with a mix of 1/2 water and 1/2 white distilled vinegar 10 drops of tea tree oil and 10 drops of essential oil for fragrance if desired; a squeegie, Oxygen cleaner, for those stubborn spots. And a little bit of elbow grease. Cleaning green is not much different than conventional cleaning. I have been using green cleaning methods around the house for over 15 years.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...