Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010






Today I decided to attack the spice cupboard. Baking season will soon be upon us and I want to be prepared. Let's face it, it is no fun to be wrist deep in flour or dough and need a certain spice. Especially when you live where I live and have to plan trips to the store a day ahead. (takes that long to get there). So attack I did. Some how the spice cupboard ends up being the location for those things no one else knows where to put.
Like salt shakers. Seriously how many salt shakers do we need for a family of 5?
I can't tell you how many times I have been at the store and bought a spice and find out 2 months latter that I have 3 containers for pumpkin pie spice. We only make pumpkin pie twice a year. How much pumpkin pie spice does a family need? As I was cleaning out the spice cupboard I was taking inventory of what I might night for holiday cooking. Turns out I have enough ginger to make gingerbread cookies for an army.
All those other holiday spices are in good order. I will have to get some Bell's Poultry Seasoning for Thanksgiving. But we are in good shape - if anything a little over stocked. Better start baking

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...